Wireless telephony for IP and SIP based communication platforms
An IP DECT configuration typically consists of Access Points (APs), IP DECT system software, a DMLS open interface for messaging and DECT handsets. Our AP400 APs connect to the IP network and form a DECT system that provides peer to peer IP communication. The connection between AP400s and the host PBX uses either a dedicated IP protocol or a SIP interface. With SIP support (SIP DECT), the IP DECT system can be linked to any certified SIP based host PBX system.
The IP network can be one single converged voice/data network or a dedicated network. An Access Point provides 12 DECT channels and supports up to 11 simultaneous calls. An IP DECT configuration can also support other applications such as voice mail, web-based telephony, central directory, and messaging. A DAP Manager is required for installation, maintenance, subscription, wide area roaming, and messaging.
Empowered with CAT-iq
NEC’s AP400 Series is CAT-iq enabled, including wideband audio for superior sound quality. The range starts with the AP400S, aimed at small businesses, that can be configured up to 10 access points at a very attractive price. Next in line is the AP400C, designed for small to medium sized businesses, while the full enterprise AP400 caters for larger organizations and networks. The series is compatible with all NEC IP communication platforms as well as many systems of other brands that are based on standard SIP interfaces.
IP DECT provides wireless telephony in a single converged network that can be used for both fixed and wireless telephony. The IP DECT infrastructure provides the following features:
- DECT on top of IP and SIP based communication platforms
- Access Points connect directly to the IP network
- Support of 11 simultaneous calls per AP400
- Support of DECT compatible handsets
- Power over Ethernet (IEEE802.3af)
- Optional G.729 compression with add-on board
- Crystal clear speech, roaming and seamless handover
- Secure voice communication through DECT authentication and encryption
- Support of Short Messaging (LRMS) up to 160 characters
- Scalable solution up to 4000 APs with NEC’s VLS software
- AP400 can be combined with existing AP200 and AP300 series APs in one system
- Main and branch office support over LAN/WAN improving the overall business efficiency from single office environments to a campus or even metropolitan area
- Easy maintenance: downloadable software and web based tooling
- Increased reachability and productivity of employees
- Easy deployment and installation: plug and play
- Cost savings on infrastructure and cellular use
- All the voice quality, security, availability and feature transparency of DECT
- Dedicated model AP400Ex for use in potentially hazardous/explosive environments